Unlike with traditional braces that use a wire to push or pull teeth into the most optimal alignment, Invisalign® uses a series of plastic aligners to push the teeth into a better alignment. Thus, they are an ideal invisible choice, especially for adults who’ve always wanted a winning smile.
Why Wear Invisalign®?
At the Forest & Ray London dental clinic, we are proud to offer Invisalign® as it is the most recognizable brand of clear aligners in the world. Besides correcting teeth that are crooked, gapped, or crowded, Invisalign® also rectifies abnormal bite functions, when the upper and lower jaws fail to come together properly.
If bite problems are not fixed, they can lead to further oral health issues including cavities and tooth loss, gum infections, erosion of tooth enamel and difficulties in speaking and/or eating. Teeth that are widely spaced or crowded can result in gum disease (periodontitis). When your teeth are properly positioned, the gums fit more firmly around the teeth, providing a strong defence against gum infections.
The Invisalign®, Advantages
There are many advantages of Invisalign® braces over traditional braces:
- Invisalign® Clear Braces Look Better
- Metal braces can cause the appearance of the mouth to be unattractive, as though it is filled with awkward chunks of unsightly metal. They are noticeable, especially on an adult, and can get food caught in them without the wearer even being aware of it. Invisalign® clear braces are barely noticeable. They look very much as though the person wearing them is not wearing braces at all. They are simply more attractive than metal braces.
- Clear Braces Can Be Removed When Necessary
- Once one of our trusted Forest & Ray orthodontics specialists attaches metal braces to someone’s teeth, the braces must remain in place until they are professionally removed. Invisalign® clear braces are removable. If, for any reason, the wearer of teeth aligners wishes to remove them for brief periods (to eat or drink), he or she may easily do so.
- Invisalign® Clear Braces Reduce Damage to Teeth and Gums
- Conventional metal braces contain wire and protruding bits of metal that can puncture and scratch the insides of the mouth and gums. Clear braces are smooth and comfortable. They do not include any sharp edges or protruding edges or bits. Conventional metal braces can affect demineralization and decaying teeth. They use a great deal of force to straighten the teeth. These problems do not exist with clear aligners. Overall, clear braces reduce the damage normally caused by wearing braces, including gum disease and cavities.
- There are No Surprises with Invisalign® Clear Braces
- In considering Invisalign®, dental patients undergo fully computerized treatment planning. Therefore, they know exactly what to expect and how long they will need the braces before they begin wearing them. Metal braces can be a trial-and-error situation that gives no clear idea of what is to come.
- Invisalign®, Is Often A Faster Treatment.
Ordinarily, you’d have to wear braces for a couple of years. Invisalign®, on the other hand, can often be completed in about a year. Working adults find this appealing because it’s less disruptive to their busy schedules and requires fewer appointments over time.
It’s Your Move
Overall, Invisalign® offers distinct advantages over conventional metal braces. And you will find them surprisingly affordable and well worth the cost.—even more so if you qualify for the Forest & Ray Financing Plan.
Invisalign®, aligners are more comfortable than metal braces, pose fewer risks to teeth and gums, and provide beautiful smiles much faster. If you are considering Invisalign®, you should book a consultation with the Forest & Ray clinic to determine if you are a good candidate to wear them. What are you waiting for? Contact us today!